Step 1: Prepare the Required Documents and Fill out the Admissions Application
Email us all the below required documents (make sure to attach in the email each requested document type as a separate attachment) to: email@example.com
Deadline: June 30, 2021
- Completed Admission Application Form
- A recent passport-size photo.
- Identity card or passport (should be the same as the nationality to be used in the registration process at LAU).
- Educational certificates or diplomas (Bachelor, License, etc).
- Official transcript(s) of grades from all colleges or universities attended.
Upon acceptance, applicants will be requested to present the official transcript(s) in a sealed envelope(s).
Failure to declare enrollment at other institutions could result in an invalidation of admission, and any credits or degrees earned.
- Personal Essay, of at least 1,000 words, describing your background and reasons for pursuing graduate studies, how your character and experiences have formed you into someone who will contribute positively and effectively to not only the department but also the academic discipline as a whole. Provide details of social, educational, cultural, or economic obstacles you have overcome in your journey. Please highlight what is unique about you and how you will advance diversity within the institution.
- A research statement describing your research interests and professional goals, how you plan to accomplish them, and why one of the five programs is best suited for you to do so. Be specific about your specialized interests within your major field and how it relates to the description listed in the below programs description and research focus. Identify how this opportunity could contribute towards addressing local, national, and regional problems relevant to the region. Be clear about the kind of program you expect to undertake, and explain how your study plan connects with your previous training and future goals.
- Recommendation letters from two professors who are familiar with your academic performance. Recommendation letters could be sent by your professors directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Certificate(s) of employment with a CV, if you have relevant work experience(s).
- Official scores of English proficiency test (depending on the university/college attended) by submitting one of the below:
- Internet-based TOEFL (IBT), with a minimum score of 90. The code for LAU is 2595. The institutional TOEFL is not accepted.
- Academic IELTS with a minimum score of 7.
Applicants with Internet –based TOEFL (IBT) scores between 80 and 89 and IELTS scores of 6.5, have to register for ENG009
Remedial English, a three-credit course, or retake and pass the English test within the first year of enrollment. IBT and IELTS
Scores below 80 and 6.5 respectively are not acceptable.
N.B. English proficiency exams may not be required from applicants from universities recognized by LAU where the language of instruction is English.
Step 2: Download and Fill out the Financial Aid Application
- Fill out the TLG Financial Aid Application Form
- Send a hard copy of the completed and signed Financial Aid application along with all the required documents listed in the application by certified mail to the address below and indicate “MEPI TLG Applicant” in the envelope
Deadline: June 30, 2021
Lebanese American University
Financial Aid & Scholarships Office
P.O. Box 13-5053
Chouran Beirut: 1102 2801
Application Evaluation Criteria
In addition to the general admissions requirements, short-listed TLG students will need to demonstrate academic literacy and research potential via a thorough interview process.
The interview will be necessary to:
- Identify academic literacy: Potential candidates may be asked to read an academic paper before the interview and discuss insights.
- Identify research interests and knowledge base: They need to clarify their research interests and connect them to the approved TLG research proposals in their particular field.
- Connect their interests to specific course content: Applicants may be requested to identify one course they are particularly interested in and justify their interest.
- Discuss their research experience: Applicants may need to identify one particular written work or research output they recently completed and critique its strengths and weaknesses.
- Exhibit leadership potential: At any point in the interview, applicants may need to participate in a debate through a thought experiment to gauge their reasoning process and ethical awareness.
Programs Description and Research Focus
Applicants who demonstrate academic excellence should express how they wish to develop their knowledge in one of the five programs, obtain substantial advanced practical experience, and further their capacity to be community or business leaders who contribute on the regional level.