TLU Program Overview and Benefits
The TLU program offers high school students a transformative opportunity through four-year university scholarships and internships at LAU. It aims to nurture their leadership potential and equip them with the knowledge and skills needed to succeed in their home countries and the global marketplace.
In addition to their studies, recipients are expected to engage in community service activities and internships. Some participants may also receive English-language training to enhance their English proficiency upon admission. Outstanding undergraduate students with a 3.0 GPA may have the chance to spend a semester studying abroad in the United States.
In addition to pursuing rigorous academic studies on campus and a semester-long study abroad program in the United States, the LAU MEPI-TLU students organize and participate in various supplemental activities designed to shape them into well-rounded professionals and leaders.
- Seminars/Roundtable discussions/Workshops: The program invites academics, representatives from local and international NGOs, government officials, and business leaders to lead students in a variety of engaging programs.
- Site visits: Students have the opportunity to visit businesses, public organizations, NGOs, and community associations, gaining valuable insights into leadership, management, and various career paths.
- Mentoring: The LAU MEPI-TL staff provides academic and psychological support to students as they transition to university life in Lebanon. Faculty members also serve as mentors, trainers, and supervisors throughout the program. Additionally, senior TL students act as mentors, assisting newcomers in quickly integrating into both the LAU community and the TL program.
- LAU Clubs: Students are encouraged to join and engage in various student clubs and organizations at LAU. These clubs cater to a diverse range of interests related to cultural, athletic, artistic, academic, career-oriented, and service-related activities. These opportunities allow students to further enrich their educational journey and connect with like-minded peers.
In addition to their academic coursework, students are expected to actively engage in a variety of leadership development activities that nurture their interpersonal, leadership, and professional skills. These activities include:
To foster civic engagement, TL students are expected to dedicate 20 hours per semester to volunteering. The MEPI TL team provides support by offering opportunities and guidance for meaningful civic activities, allowing students to make a positive impact in their communities.Additionally, the MEPI TL program provides students with access to a database containing over 100 well-known and active non-governmental organizations (NGOs).
- TL Committees
TL students are encouraged to join various committees, including:- Debate Committee,- Activities, Volunteering, & Civic Engagement Committee,- Politics & Governance Committee,- Gender Committee,- Communication and Outreach Committee.These committees serve as platforms for TL students to plan, organize, and execute activities in their chosen fields, actively participating in implementing events and projects that align with their interests and passions.
- TL Retreats
These retreats provide students with the chance to connect and build a robust network among themselves. During these retreats, students engage in leadership workshops that help them develop essential skills while fostering meaningful connections with their peers.
- Capstone Project
The Capstone Project encourages TLU students to identify pressing social issues and develop innovative solutions that address these challenges. The Capstone Project not only allows students to contribute to the betterment of their society but also nurtures their leadership abilities, strengthens their problem-solving skills, and instills a sense of civic responsibility.
Through a range of career workshops, leadership development sessions, internships, and alumni support, MEPI TL program aims to empower students to excel in their chosen careers and foster personal growth:
MEPI TL students are strongly encouraged to attend career workshops organized by the LAU career office. These workshops are designed to enhance their employability skills and increase their chances of success in the job market. In addition, the MEPI TL team organizes leadership workshops that focus on developing and strengthening students’ leadership abilities. By participating in these workshops, students gain valuable insights and tools that enable them to excel in their careers and personal growth.
Internships: Civic/Professional Networking
MEPI TL students are required to complete internships in their chosen fields of interest, contributing to their community while gaining practical, hands-on experience. The MEPI TL team offers support in finding the most suitable internship opportunities, ensuring that students can further enhance their employability and build valuable professional networks.
The LAU Career Fair brings together renowned companies and organizations who are actively seeking talented individuals. This event is a great opportunity for students to interact with potential employers, learn about the various industries and career paths, engage in meaningful networking, and learn about potential internship opportunities. The LAU Career Fair plays an important role in bridging the gap between academia and the professional world, empowering MEPI TL students to transition seamlessly into successful careers aligned with their passions and aspirations.
MEPI Alumni Network
Upon graduation from the Tomorrow’s Leaders program, alumni are referred to the MEPI Alumni Connection, which serves as a platform to support and connect MEPI TL program graduates, helping them to strengthen their networks in their home countries and assist to explore, plan and execute leadership initiatives.
Study Abroad in the United States
TL students have an exciting opportunity to apply for a study abroad program and spend a semester at a US-affiliated partner university during their junior year at LAU. Selection for the program follows LAU’s study abroad rules and procedures. During their time in the United States, students are expected to continue their coursework toward fulfilling their major requirements.
This immersive experience aims to expand students’ global perspective through cross-cultural and academic exchanges.
The LAU-MEPI Tomorrow’s Leaders Program offers students exceptional opportunities and comprehensive support, including:
- Full coverage of enrollment, tuition and related institutional fees.
- Medical insurance coverage
- Monthly living allowance
- Book allowance
- International students who are not residing in Lebanon will receive two roundtrip tickets to their home country.
- Full housing coverage at LAU’s dormitories. (Double Room Occupancy)
- Academic advising and mentoring services.
- Leadership Training including team building, goal setting, time management, work ethics, public relations, networking, and other related skills.
- Community Engagement: students have the opportunity to participate in community development projects across Lebanon, allowing them to gain firsthand experience and understand different approaches to addressing community-related issues and causes.
- Career Development.