Group Photo during the Conference
The LAU-MEPI Tomorrow’s Leaders Undergraduate Scholarship Program is designed to provide higher education opportunities for high school seniors from underserved backgrounds with a solid potential. The program is open to both men and women who demonstrate high leadership capabilities, but who would otherwise be unable to attend a four-year degree program.
The recruitment and pre-selection of scholarship candidates from countries throughout the region is currently conducted by the America-Mideast Educational and Training Services (AMIDEAST). Selected students are admitted to LAU according to the university’s admission criteria.
Algeria, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco, Syria (Syrians living in the state of Syria are not eligible), Tunisia and Yemen
Eligible candidates must:
- Be high school seniors or applicants who will graduate from high school in 2018;
- Have a strong academic record;
- Have a minimum International TOEFL score of 517 (66 on iBT). Contact AMIDEAST for test scheduling;
- Have the required SAT test score;
- Demonstrate maturity, flexibility and leadership potential;
- Be able to start the program in August/September 2017.
LAU will offer Intensive English summer course (3-3.5 months) to all admitted Freshmen students. All students will need to pass an intensive IIIlevel before starting school in the fall.
Credentials required for Syrians: Will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
NOTE: American citizens are NOT eligible to apply.
Application requirements may vary by country. Please contact the AMIDEAST office in your country to ensure that you have the correct application details for your country.